Do you enjoy traveling? How about preparing someone’s itinerary for them? Do have a keen eye for detail? Then a career in Travel is just for you!
This programme is designed to give you working knowledge of the travel industry. Graduates will have the skills and experience to get a job and start contributing immediately to their organisation.
You will learn the fundamentals of Amadeus, a software that is widely used in the industry, and VTO back office accounting profile software. The course covers selling and marketing skills, customer service, world geography & airline terminologies.
You will also visit tourist operations such as Auckland International airport, Maritime museum and cruise ship facilities. The combination of theory, site visits and ‘Real World Experience’, where you spend time observing travel, tourism or hotel operations gives you both theoretical knowledge and practical experience so that you are ready to start your dream job upon graduation.
More info: Click here
The course consists of 4 modules, which cover:
- Travel operations- Airline services and booking software
- Workplace practices including Legal requirements
- International tourism, geography and cruising
- Customer services including STA selling skills
Students are assessed through a mixture of written assessments, presentations and role plays.
Along with the New Zealand Certificate in Tourism level 4 modules, this course includes:
- Crown Institute Cabin Crew module
- Study & Work programme (paid work experience)
- Variety of field trips and guest speakers throughout the course