immigration policies in Victoria
Known as the most livable city in the world, Victoria is an ideal study destination that attracts a lot of international students. It is the second smallest but is the most populous state in Australia. Besides, Victoria has issued Victoria immigration policy for international students interested by many people.
Introduction to Victoria
Victoria is located in the southeast of Australia, where the famous Melbourne is located. It is very attractive because of the following reasons:
• World's leading education: It is proud that Victoria has 5 of Australia's top 20 universities, one of the top 30 universities in the world and 2 universities in the top 100 universities in the world.
As expected, Australia has always been praised for its perfection in education and training. Domestic and international students always have the opportunity to study in a good quality environment.
• Ideal living environment: Victoria is highly rated for stability in health, culture, environment, education and infrastructure.
Besides, this state is an ideal paradise for outdoor and sea activities. That is the wonderful thing that nature has bestowed on Victoria.
• Cultural diversity: Australia is a country that attracts a lot of immigrants worldwide, particularly Victoria represents a diverse community from a relaxed, active lifestyle,…. When you come to Victoria, you may be surprised that people here come from 200 different countries around the world. They speak different languages with different cultures. A space full of vitality, dynamism, newness, provides a good opportunity for young people to know and cultivate a new culture.
• Modern infrastructure: Transport and public facilities in Victoria are consistently ranked among the top modern in the world. You will never be late for cultural events, entertainment, economic, ... because it only takes a few minutes to be able to participate in those events.
• Dynamic business environment: International companies including Toyota, Alibaba, Citic, etc., create diversity in the business environment for both domestic and foreign investors.
Victoria immigration policy for international students
Australian immigration in general and Victoria immigration, in particular, must be carefully prepared over the long term. The target of the Australian immigration process is to have a permanent residency. After you have a PR, you have the right to apply for naturalization after you have resided in Australia for 4 years.
There are 5 common ways to immigrate to Australia: skilled workers, sponsors, students, marriages and investors.
Upon arrival in Australia through a student visa, international students will choose the career that Australia in demand, then apply for permanent residence through the skilled workers and employer sponsorship visas. In the skilled worker's program, international graduates apply to work in Australian companies. Having worked for several years, you continue to apply for an immigrant visa. Through the employer sponsorship visa, you work for a specific Australian company, then the company will sponsor you to live and work here. With these two forms, there are separate policies that you need to follow.
Victoria immigration policy for international students consists of 2 types:
• Post-graduation work: In order to have the opportunity to work in Victoria after graduation, every international student must pass a career skills assessment. This is an assessment of the level of knowledge you have gained after studying in Australia, whether you are eligible to stay and work.
• Further study after graduation: If you do not want to work immediately, but want to improve your skills and knowledge, you are allowed to stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years depending on your grade level (4 years for doctor program)
• Completion of at least 2 years of studies.
• English proficiency: IELTS 6.0 (no band less than 6.0).
The best way is to achieve an IELTS score as high as possible in order to increase the scale of migration to Victoria.
• Get 10 points: If you achieve IELTS 7.0 or above in each band; or a B on the English proficiency test.
• Get 20 points: If you achieve 8.0 IELTS or above in each band; or get an A on the English proficiency test.
• Owning a strong working experience will be a priority plus for applicants who want to immigrate to Victoria - a crowded, bustling city with high economic development.
• Each student after graduation is allowed to stay in Australia for 2 to 4 years. So take advantage of this time to hone your necessary skills and enrich your experience
• Get a maximum of 20 points: If you have worked in Australia, or abroad for 10 years, you get a maximum of 20 points on the immigration scale. Working in a country for a long time proves that you are dedicated to that country.
• Work in the field of study: You only get points when you do the right profession and your speciality.
• Gain experience after graduation: Your work experience is only recognized after completing your course. The work experience you get while studying is not recognized.
• Working while studying in Australia will not be counted. Work experience must be accumulated after completing the relevant qualifications.
• Work at least 20 hours per week.
Studying in Australia:
Because you are determined to immigrate to Australia through studying, you must complete your qualification successfully to increase your immigration score.
• Completion of 2 years of studies: If you complete 2 years of studies, you will receive an additional 5 points.
• Possessing a university degree (or higher): The further you study, the higher your immigration opportunity is. Especially in Victoria with fast-paced life with modern people, it is never enough to enrich yourself. The more you invest in studying for yourself, the more you will prove you are competent to live permanently in this country.
Victoria’s famous universities
Choosing a university to attend is important. However, international students should carefully research and choose the school that best suits them. The following is a comprehensive list of prestigious universities in Victoria:
- Monash University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- Deakin University
- University of Melbourne Institute
- RMIT University
Becoming a citizen of another country has never been easy, especially in Victoria - one of the most developed states in Australia. Please find out and carefully prepare for your immigration to Victoria. Good luck.