Biological Sciences impact almost every aspect of modern life, and this broad-based training in Biological Science offers key transferable skills opening up varied career opportunities.
You will begin with a broad foundation in biological sciences covering topics from microbiology, to cellular chemistry and anatomy. Progressing to cover topics such as biochemistry and biotechnology, and ecology and environment. This allows will you to understand the full range of practical applications of biology, from industry to the impact of an expanded human population upon our environment.
In your final year explore pathopharmacology and cell and molecular biology, building knowledge of the biochemical and biological mechanisms related to health and disease.
We have excellent laboratory facilities, and your final-year research project, supported by research-active staff, provides training in practical techniques.
This small, but diverse, department has over 30 years’ experience of running Bioscience courses.
Our world-leading expertise in teaching and research ranges from environmental science, applications of molecular biology in cancer treatment and diagnosis to biophysical analysis of proteins and drug interactions.
Many graduates work in national and international research, and teaching careers.
More info: Click here
- Chemistry And Molecular Genetics (BHS006-1) Compulsory
- Essential Skills In Biological Sciences (BHS008-1) Compulsory
- Human Anatomy And Physiology (BHS004-1) Compulsory
- Microbiology And Biochemistry (BHS002-1) Compulsory
- Biochemistry And Biotechnology (BHS009-2) Compulsory
- Ecology And The Environment (BHS010-2) Compulsory
- Medical Physiology And Human Nutrition (BHS003-2) Compulsory
- Pharmacology And Skills (BHS004-2) Compulsory
- Biological Science Research Project (BHS012-3) Compulsory
- Cellular And Molecular Biology (BHS010-3) Compulsory
- Immunology And Clinical Nutrition (BHS003-3) Compulsory
- Pathophysiology And Pharmacology (BHS007-3) Compulsory