Almost everyone in the UK will benefit at some point in their lives from disease diagnosis expertise. This IBMS accredited course provides a sound base in the laboratory sciences used to diagnose or investigate diseases, preparing you for a range of careers.
Study normal life processes and the pathological changes that occur in disease. Keep up to date with current developments with guest lectures by biomedical science experts from institutes and hospital laboratories.
Gain experience in techniques - such as problem based learning (PBL) for disease diagnosis - commonly used in medical schools.
Our Biomedical Science BSc (Hons) degree provides an excellent base to pursue a career in hospital laboratories, pharmaceutical industries and/or postgraduate entry into medical science related courses.
More info: Click here
- Chemistry And Molecular Genetics (BHS006-1) Compulsory
- Essential Skills In Biosciences (BHS001-1) Compulsory
- Human Anatomy And Physiology (BHS004-1) Compulsory
- Microbiology And Biochemistry (BHS002-1) Compulsory
- Human Metabolism And Genetics (BHS001-2) Compulsory
- Medical Microbiology And Immunology (BHS002-2) Compulsory
- Physiology, Haematology And Transfusion Science (BHS008-2) Compulsory
- Skills And Cellular Pathology (BHS006-2) Compulsory
- Applications Of Immunology And Microbiology (BHS005-3) Compulsory
- Biomedical Science Research Project (BHS013-3) Compulsory
- Clinical Biochemistry And Biology Of Disease (BHS001-3) Compulsory
- Molecular Biology And Human Genetics (BHS004-3) Compulsory