Shape your development as a writer on this innovative and practical course. With close relationships with media, journalism and art and design courses, a focus on the creative arts and related industries means you will work in an atmosphere of constant artistic and intellectual production and energy.
Develop your own specialism, working with experienced writers, academics, research students and alumni who present readings and seminars, and engage in cross-media, multi-media and web-based writing projects.
Get involved with our student-run Creative Writing Guild, sharing your work at ‘open mic’ readings and publishing online.
- Learn from experienced writers, academics, research students and alumni as well as links with media, journalism and art and design courses
- Study theories of writing, poetics and manifestos alongside critical and philosophical standpoints to inform your own creative work in areas like innovative writing, scriptwriting, performance writing and creative non-fiction
- Develop your own creative specialism – we have particular expertise in horror and fantasy writing
- Gain links with the publishing industry and other writing-related industries through the professional practice element of the course
- Explore outlets for your own work including the Creative Writing Guild which runs workshops and open mic nights and publishes anthologies of student work
- Benefit from a course which opens doors to careers in addition that of full-time writer – including advertising and copywriting, TV script-editing, music journalism and teaching or postgraduate study
More info: Click here
- Composition (MED018-1) Compulsory
- Creative Writing Theory And Practice (MED001-1) Compulsory
- Writers Reading (MED015-1) Compulsory
- Writing Practices (MED016-1) Compulsory
- Creative Writing: Research Into Writing (MED003-2) Compulsory
- Poetics: Theory Into Practice (MED049-2) Compulsory
- Innovative Writing (MED010-2) Optional
- Scriptwriting (MED026-2) Optional
- Writing Horror And Dark Fantasy Fiction (MED041-2) Optional
- Creative Writing Professional Practice (MED024-3) Compulsory
- Special Project In Creative Writing (MED042-3) Compulsory
- Experiment And Innovation In Context (MED038-3) Optional
- Script: Writing, Editing And Pitch (MED025-3) Optional
- Writing Fantasy Fiction (MED044-3) Optional