The BA/BSc (Hons) Event Management programme is aimed to enable you to develop the necessary skills for, and knowledge, practice and understanding of, the events industry.
The skills you will acquire on this course will be particularly relevant to event management roles in the tourism, hospitality, leisure and sport.
The course begins with a general introduction to event management and progresses to specialist options and a close focus on planning, staging and managing events.
In addition to this you will become a self-directed, self-regulated reflexive learner, using an awareness of opportunities for careers or further study in the setting and monitoring of personal objectives.
You will combine academic study with real-world business practice as you work on case studies and briefs during practice weeks, and take opportunities to volunteer for events staged at the University and beyond.
- Benefit from a course that opens up career opportunities as an Event Manager, Festival Organiser/Co-ordinator, Exhibitioner Organiser, Events Marketing Communications Manager or Conference and Events Manager, and offers access to a wide choice of further study.
- Learn essential skills for careers in the events industry, in a department with close links to local cultural, sporting and business organisations.
- Study areas including: event planning and operations; project management; international hospitality operations; visitor attraction management; sport tourism and event management; global mega events; and marketing communications through a combination of classroom-based learning and fieldwork activities.
- Develop your CV with the option of a placement in an events organisation during your final year.
- Gain additional insights through field trips to organisations like Luton Town Football Club, Twickenham and Woburn Abbey, and working on annual events hosted by your Department.
- Explore the relevant theory and research areas and learn how to apply them through practice weeks, when you will work on real-life briefs and case studies
More info: Click here
- Business Of Events Management (TAL030-1) Compulsory
- Business Practice Explored (BSS005-1) Compulsory
- Consumer Behaviour (MAR022-1) Compulsory
- Event Planning And Operations (TAL023-1) Compulsory
- Principles Of Marketing (MAR001-1) Compulsory
- Using Data To Build Business Practice (BSS004-1) Compulsory
- Career In Practice (MAR027-2) Compulsory
- Events And Destination Marketing (TAL046-2) Compulsory
- Events And Urban Regeneration (TAL028-2) Compulsory
- Festival And Special Events (TAL047-2) Compulsory
- Risk And Crisis Management In Events Management (TAL039-2) Compulsory
- Tourism And Events (TAL048-2) Compulsory
- Continuing Professional Development (MAR027-3) Compulsory
- Event Planning In Practice (TAL031-3) Compulsory
- Managing Sporting Events (TAL033-3) Compulsory
- Research Methods (TAL034-3) Compulsory
- Research Project (TAL035-3) Compulsory
- Strategic Management For Hospitality And Events (TAL036-3) Compulsory