The global aviation and airport management industry is expanding rapidly, and this course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and experience you will need to establish your career in this area.
Using the latest interactive teaching technologies, the programme covers a number of business, leadership and specialist areas. And the proximity of our campus to London Luton Airport means that you will have plenty of opportunities to enjoy a practical-based approach to your studies through work placements with airlines and related organisations.
London Luton Airport is the fastest growing major airport in the UK with passenger numbers increasing from 12 million to 18 million per year.
Marketing with Aviation and Airport Management offers and inter-disciplinary course combining key subject areas of business, marketing and aviation management in a practice orientated way. This will allow you to develop a deep understanding and practical knowledge of marketing and the specialist area of aviation.
To prepare you to graduate as a professional, you will evaluate different perspectives to inspect global, political, economic, social, technological, legal, ecological and business environments. You will have the option to experience industry practice and real word business experience to increase your skills and capabilities to work as a marketing practitioner in aviation.
Learn from staff with extensive industry experience as you engage with real marketing projects.
The proximity of the Universitys Luton campus to the London Luton Airport and the planned expansion of their business and carrying capacity make studying for a BSc Marketing in Aviation and Airport Management at the University of Bedfordshire an excellent choice, providing knowledge of the role of marketing in securing the survival of organisations in the aviation and airport management (AAM) sector.
The course is structure with a clear focus on developing your employability by building a foundation on the core principles of business knowledge and operations and developing the skills, knowledge and understanding of Aviation Sales & Marketing, Aviation Law, Digital Marketing, Security, Airline and Airport operations in this highly competitive industry. You will apply established techniques such as problem-solving, critically thinking and analysis to solve real marketing-related problems The knowledge you build to examine and challenge marketing concepts and data within the context of the AAM sector and interaction with industry professionals allows you to progress seamlessly with practice-oriented and transferable skills to become employment ready in the marketing and AAM industry.
Students on this course studying full-time would be eligible to apply for membership of the Royal Aeronautical Society. Free membership is available for the duration of your course and gives you the benefit of the monthly online magazine, AEROSPACE. Where possible, students will have the opportunity to get a placement at Luton Airport and to visit aviation events.
The course will include an embedded IATA Leadership & Management Diploma course which is offered free to all students on the BSc Aviation & Airport Management course starting in 2017/18. Students who successfully pass an externally run IATA exam and meet additional requirements will graduate with a BSc plus an IATA Leadership & Management Diploma.
More info: Click here
- Business Practice Explored (BSS005-1) Compulsory
- Customer Relationship Management (MAR018-1) Compulsory
- Introduction To The Airline Industry (TAL033-1) Compulsory
- Principles Of Marketing (MAR001-1) Compulsory
- Using Data To Build Business Practice (BSS004-1) Compulsory
- Brand Management (MAR016-2) Compulsory
- Global Airline & Cargo Operations Management (TAL051-2) Compulsory
- Marketing Communications In The Digital Age (MAR021-2) Compulsory
- Strategic Airport Planning & Development (TAL050-2) Compulsory
- Strategy And Innovation (BSS029-2) Compulsory
- Aviation Law (LAW006-3) Compulsory
- Crisis Management And Communication (MAR026-3) Compulsory
- Managing Safety & Security For Aviation (TAL038-3) Compulsory
- Marketing In A Global Context (MAR014-3) Compulsory
- Preparation For Specialist Research Project (MAR029-3) Compulsory
- Specialist Research Project (MAR030-3) Compulsory