This course offers you the in-depth technical training and the professional accreditation you will need to begin your career as a practising mechanical engineer. You will practice in our on-campus labs as well as in labs belonging to our local industry partners, giving you the opportunity to develop or contribute to real-world solutions around transportation, energy, power generation and manufacturing.
You’ll begin by studying the underpinning skills and knowledge which will enable you to choose specialist mechanical engineering modules later on in the course, gaining a thorough background in mathematics, engineering science, structural mechanics and dynamics. In years 2 and 3 you’ll study modules with an emphasis on the operating principles and system design of systems like thermal pumps, wind and solar energy technologies and power generation followed by specialist advanced units. Individual and group lab work, the opportunity to compete with other universities in the UAV payload competition, and projects focusing on renewable energy technologies will hone your skills in analysis, development and project management.
More info: Click here
- Engineering Mathematics (CIS034-1) Compulsory
- Foundations Of Electronic Systems And Computer Networks (CIS038-1) Compulsory
- Fundamentals Of Computer Studies (CIS018-1) Compulsory
- Introduction To Software Development (CIS020-1) Compulsory
- Analogue And Digital Electronics (CIS071-2) Compulsory
- Circuit Analysis And Signal Processing (CIS047-2) Compulsory
- Digital Communications & Software Engineering (CIS072-2) Compulsory
- Dsp And Embedded Systems Development (CIS048-2) Compulsory
- Control, Energy And Wsn (CIS020-3) Compulsory
- Research Methodologies And Emerging Technologies (CIS013-3) Compulsory
- Social And Professional Project Management (CIS015-3) Compulsory
- Undergraduate Project (CIS017-3) Compulsory