- 40 NCEA credits at level 1 including 10 in literacy and 10 in numeracy.
- If you have undertaken examinations other than NCEA (e.g. International Baccalaureate, Cambridge Examination), Ara will assess your qualification for academic entry equivalency.
- If you show that you have equivalent skills for tertiary study gained through study, work and/or life experience, you may be able to gain alternative entry.
Note: The number of courses you have to complete for this qualification may be reduced where you have relevant credits from previous study, or evidence of similar learning or experience in the workplace. Contact Ara for advice.
- If English is not your first language, we want to make sure that you will be successful in your chosen programme of study.
- Please provide a result from a test or qualification on the acceptable alternatives English Proficiency Outcomes Chart.
- If you are a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident, complete an Admission and Enrolment form and Ara will contact you regarding a free assessment.
- If you are not a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent resident, book an IELTS or other test through the AraExamination Centre or in your home country.
- IELTS scores used must be taken from a single IELTS Test Report Form and are valid for two years from the date of the test.
- Overall IELTS requirements 5.5 academic: speaking 5.0, reading 5.0, writing 5.0, listening 5.0.