This course provides an intellectually stimulating programme of study, examining dance practice from physiological, psychological and biomechanical perspectives.
You will apply science to the notion of optimising dance using laboratory-based and psychological methods, with access to cutting-edge laboratory equipment, large dance studios and excellent learning resources.
Explore your own interests through elective units covering areas including nutrition, public health and performance analysis, where you can collaborate with students across a range of disciplines. This unique opportunity will allow you to create a distinct study and research pathway preparing you for a sustainable career in dance science.
- Study with established academics in dance and sport science, exercise and health, dance making, performance and leadership
- Explore current research across dance, sport and exercise disciplines as you select study units in line with your own interests
- Choose whether to focus on the role of dance in public health or on performance enhancement among elite participants
- Work alongside students on sport, exercise and behaviour, and dance courses across the University
- Develop your practical skills using excellent on-campus facilities for dance and exercise science training, including the Sport Science Laboratories and Human Performance Unit, the suite of large dance studios,and the professionally equipped 280-seat theatre
- Benefit from a degree that develops you as a competent and rigorous dance scientist and prepares you for roles including dance scientist practitioner, researcher, lecturer,or to continue to MPhil and PhD research degrees
More info: Click here