This course focuses on developing your knowledge and skills in the analytic techniques you will need to pursue or further your career in operational forensic casework. The forensic industry is highly competitive, requiring skilled professionals in diverse fields including pathology, toxicology, drug analysis, fire debris analysis, wildlife crime, microbial forensics, forensic genetics and document analysis. By following this Masters course you will develop the essential knowledge, skills and attributes to meet the needs of the industry.
Developing the underpinning science and the professional skills needed to translate your knowledge into practice, you will be well-equipped to enter a career in areas related to civil and criminal investigation, as well as in wider science-based industries or research-based positions. Your opportunities could include forensic consultancies, government agencies, industry and research and development.
With already well-established laboratory facilities, we are opening a new building dedicated to STEM subjects and developing our facilities to include virtual bio-lab simulation training to complement your in-class learning.
This course develops your theoretical knowledge and understanding and practical experience, as well as your skills in analysing, evaluating and communicating your findings, making you well-place to pursue a career in a range of science-based industries.
Choose MSc Forensic Analysis and:
- Learn from staff with established research expertise in specialist areas including biomedicine, biochemistry, immunology, microbiology, genomics, bioinformatics and ecology.
- Study a course informed by the latest research, ensuring you are aware of current and emerging developments in this specialist field.
- Develop your practical skills through hands-on experience in our exceptional laboratory facilities, including a new building specifically for STEM subjects, opening soon.
- Gain a qualification, the skills and the knowledge to meet the wide-ranging needs of the forensic and other science-based industries, making you well-placed to enter a career in a number of specialised fields.
- Explore a huge number of career possibilities in sectors including healthcare, pharmaceutical, science and education.
- Challenge yourself to further your studies by securing funding to continue to PhD study.
- Benefit from the University’s strong links to external stakeholders in the forensic industry and related organisations and practice sectors.
More info: Click here
- Evaluation And Presentation Of Evidence (BHS028-6) Compulsory
- Forensic Analysis Research Project (BHS030-6) Compulsory
- Forensic Biological Advances (BHS033-6) Compulsory
- Forensic Chromatography (BHS027-6) Compulsory
- Forensic Spectroscopy (BHS032-6) Compulsory
- Professional Skills For Forensic Scientists (BHS031-6) Compulsory
- Research Skills For Forensic Scientists (BHS029-6) Compulsory