Great benefits of studying international relations in the US
In the context of modernization and globalization integration today, the international relations industry is bringing positive benefits and support for the future. Are you interested in this field of study and intend to study international relations in the US? If so, do not ignore the information that we will provide immediately in the article below.
Things you need to know before studying international relations in the US
What is international relations?
The international relations is the study in the interconnectedness of politics, focusing on diplomatic relations and other issues between nations. Many students thought that this field is quite boring, theoretical and does not have much potential, which is completely wrong. Because international relations also includes subjects such as sociology, psychology, geography, economics and so on. When studying this field, students will be able to explore and have a better overview of the problems of society, the relationships between nations. International relations is the cohesion of many fields. Studying international relations, you will certainly cultivate a lot of soft knowledge and skills. Moreover, during the course, you can gain a lot of experience in foreign ability, information processing, problem evaluation, situation analysis, etc.
What types of job can international relations graduates get?
The most suitable job for international relations graduates after graduation is foreign and domestic officers. You apply for a position in the foreign affairs department, domestic affairs department, both public and private businesses. Any enterprises need domestic and foreign position, so you will receive more job opportunities than other industries. Vietnam has been built good diplomatic relations with more than 180 countries that are members of the United Nations. Moreover, Vietnam also has trade relations with 230 countries and territories. This means you will have a lot of development opportunities in this field.
Some of the example jobs that you can apply fo after graduating in international relations are:
• Reportage, host, newsletter
• Lecturers at universities and colleges
Fields that require human resources in international relations
As mentioned above, there are some areas that are in high demand for human resources. In particular:
• International communication: Social media always needs a huge amount of human resources. You need to equip yourself with a diverse knowledge of languages, cultures and fluency in communication technologies.
• Science and technology: You will have the opportunity to formulate strategies, resolve conflicts as well as devise policies for the fastest and most sustainable development.
• International development: Students will participate in project research, policy analysis, situations and business management, etc.
More international students choosing to study international relations than other countries. Studying international relations, students have the opportunity to improve their knowledge and practice directly. In addition, the quality of the output of American universities is higher than that of other countries and the qualifications are recognized worldwide.
To study international relations, students are required to have access to a multidisciplinary knowledge of history, geography, literature, society, politics, etc. Besides, it must be combined with interdisciplinary subjects such as business, diplomacy, business administration, problem-solving, etc.
In a master program, there are other subjects such as:
• International security
• International law
• National politics
• National security
Choose a school carefully to study international relations in the US
One of the tips for international students who want to study abroad in the US is to choose the right school. You need to consider your financial ability, academic achievement to find a suitable school. You should not choose a school of your interests. Each school will have different requirements and curriculum. So you need to find out carefully to avoid making mistakes.
Requirements for studying international relations in the US
With each level of education, each university will have different requirements. However, in general, there are the following requirements at each level:
• Pre-masters program: University diploma, a minimum IELTS score of 6.0
• Postgraduate Diploma/Certificate: University diploma, a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or successfully completion of Pre-Masters program.
• Specialized master's program: University diploma, a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or successfully completion of Pre-Masters program.
• Research master's program: University diploma of related major, a minimum IELTS score of 6.5, plus a research proposal.
• Master of Business Administration: University diploma, a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. Some top universities also require experience and GMAT scores.
The reputable school to study international relations in the US
Here are the prestigious universities in the US that are highly appreciated for teaching international relations:
1. Harvard University
2. University of Oxford
3. London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
4. Sciences Po
5. University of Cambridge
6. Yale University
7. Stanford University
8. Australian National University
9. Princeton University
10. University of California Berkeley (UCB)
Thus, it can be said that the need to study international relations in the US is quite popular and practical in today's globalized society. Selecting the right field of study that is trendy and potential helps students develop themselves and gain a high income. ApplyZones is an online study abroad platform that helps students search for information about the field of study and university of their interests. You can get a lot of information on the ApplyZones website without spending too much time and money. We hope that this information will be useful to you.