Our Travel & Tourism courses have been developed according to the requirements of the Tourism, Travel and Hospitality Training Package (SIT), in consultation with our industry partners and have been approved for delivery by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). They are nationally recognised qualifications within the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Training is delivered in stages which correspond to AQF Levels IV - VI. The preferred pathway for a qualification is for students to complete the requirements of the previous level qualification before progressing to the next level – thereby achieving more than one qualification. Applicants without the previous level qualification will be considered if they have relevant qualification and/or vocational experience. We aim to equip our graduates with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to successfully satisfy the demands of the workplace.
COURSE DELIVERY & ASSESSMENT METHODS
Delivery and assessment strategies are selected to reflect the nature of the elements and performance criteria of the competency together with the needs and learning style of the participants. Qualifications are delivered over 16 hours of face-to-face and 4 hours of online learning per week. Assessment methodology may include but is not limited to: observation, project/ report, case study, role play, exercises, activities; and written/oral tasks including multiple choice questions and short answers, essays, true/false and presentations.
More info: click here
- Show social and cultural sensitivity
- Process reservations
- Process travel-related documentation
- Use a computerized reservations or operations systemFares and TicketingSITTTSL011 Source airfares for domestic flights
- Construct normal international airfares
- Construct promotional international airfares
- Manage conflict
- Coach others in job skills
- Implement and monitor work health and safety practicesAustralian & International
- Provide visitor information
- Access and interpret product information
- Provide advice on international destinations
- Provide advice on Australian destinations
- Enhance customer service experiences
- Interpret financial information
Travel Agency Operations
- Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
- Sell tourism products and services
- Prepare quotations